March 9, 2007

Update on life.......

Three days ago I finally submitted my application for Beacon University. I'm a little excited about it but still unsure about what I want to do. My life has been so crazy lately that I really haven't had time to slow down and figure out "Me". It seems I get so caught up with wanting to help people or scheduling things for me to do that I never set time for my own personal grown or reflection of what has been going on. Work has been pretty busy lately and I have been busy with that.

My worst enemy is myself. I am pretty hard on myself about things and feel that I need to improve my attitude towards others. I'm happy with life but I so focused on the now that I get stressed and take it out on people around me. I'm going to work on that and try to leave work at work and start fresh each day.


A week ago we had our sr. high school winter retreat. It was amazing, the speaker spoke on authentic Christianity. It was pretty powerful stuff. It made you think about how you are all the time not just part of the day. One thing I got out of it was to challenge myself to deal with the things of now and not put them off until later. It was nice to go up into the mountains away from all the distractions of the world. I actually had some great quiet time with God and had a chance to write in my prayer journal. It was a great uplifting experience.

Blessings...............

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Buddy! Welcome to the blogosphere. and Yeah, Go Cougs!!!