April 24, 2007

A day of remembrance.....


Have you ever thought of how you will be remembered after you're gone? Today marks the second anniversary of my Dad passing. Today I took off work and have spent the morning in Gods word and in prayer at Cutter Point. This morning has been a blessing and refreshing for me.

I remember my senior year in high school when I went to my dads for Christmas. While in the airport getting ready to fly back he made me sit on his lap and take a picture. It was embarrassing but funny. He had a great since of humor and could make anyone laugh. He would always do the craziest things. I think that is where I get a lot of my humor and craziness.
(picture taken 1998)

On road trips we would listen to Hooty and the Blow fish and this one time he made grape jelly meatballs for our family reunion and we ended up taking most of them back home with us. Lets just say I'm not a fan of grape jelly anymore but I still love meatballs!

Life is full of memories and thankfully no one can take those away. Take time to enjoy your friends & family and create wonderful memories today that will last forever!

Blessings...........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so very happy to know someone besides me took the time on this day to remember Gary. Although he didn't have a long life, he did have a life that impacted me. Not only did he teach me what compassion is, he also made me laugh every day. And that is what I miss most. I hope my heart heals someday so I can laugh again. I miss him; I love him; and look forward to when I can see him again. He's waiting for me.