June 11, 2007

Day two in Vegas....


It has been called sin city, other call it Las Vegas, I call it a great place to vacation on the companies dime. We are here for the SGMA show. This was supposed to be a good show but since someone, not me but if you know the company you will know who, didn't do their homework, we now realize this is kind of a waste of time. So I got a free vacation to Vegas on my companies on the companies dime. So far it has been long but fun. I have ate sushi the past two night. This evening we had dinner with two of the owners, his son and Chein who is their translator. It was good times although my boss seems to think he has to yell when he talked to people. I think he thinks the louder he yells the easier it is to understand him. lol

Today was a long day at the show. Some good people stopped by but not the target audience we are looking for. I have also got to spend some time with an old friend. It has been fun. A side I have never seen. At time awkward because we don't get each others humor at times but over all positive. I can see how you can get caught up in the Vegas hype but try not to get sucked in. Yesterday and today I gambled a little bit. I'm not much of a gambler and I won $43 and I think I'm done. I can't justify the spending of money on it and would rather spend my money another way.

I am blessed for this opportunity and pray that I will continue to "behave" myself while I am here. It hurts my heart to see how some of the people act and dress here. I wish I could just take people away and fine them a job that didn't cause them to "show" so much. Its hard to explain. I pray that my future wife doesn't work in Vegas and is dressing in a manor honoring to God.

Blessings to you all...

1 comment:

Mr. Iverson said...

Sounds fun. I was laughing at some of your comments. I am glad that you are enjoying yourself there in a place that encourages you to spend money. Keep praying and so will I